Professor Allison Bethel
- She provided comments to Multi-Housing News regarding changes in federal fair housing policies.
Professor Kim Chanbonpin
- She addressed the opening plenary session at the Global Legal Skills Conference.
Professor Lurene Contento
- She was the recipient of the Global Legal Skills 2017 award.
- She also gave a presentation at the Global Legal Skills Conference about legal writing and problem-solving methodologies.
Professor Celeste Hammond
- She participated in a workshop at the 4th National Climate Assessment.
Professor Paul Lewis
- He taught a one-week seminar on the negotiating and drafting of international commercial agreements at Université Catholique de Lyon in Lyon, France.
Professor Daryl Lim
- He spoke at the joint IPLAC and Federal Circuit Bar Association’s Major Regional Program.
- He provided comments to Forbes about how the U.S. Supreme Court may rule in a case on the doctrine of patent exhaustion.
Professor Ann Lousin
- She was quoted in the book “Ike and McCarthy” by David A. Nichols.
Professor Bill Mock
- He spoke at the closing session of the American Bar Association Section of International Law.
- He also spoke at the opening plenary session of the Global Legal Skills Conference.
Professor Hugh Mundy
- He published the column “Training video offers lesson on evidence” in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.
Professor Timothy O’Neill
- He published the column “Distinguishing ‘criminal case’ from ‘prosecution’ requires some thought” in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.
Professor Steven Schwinn
- He provided comments to Christian Science Monitor regarding the U.S. Supreme Court being too political.
- He provided comments to Bloomberg regarding a recent Supreme Court decision concerning commercial speech.
- He published the following in the ABA Preview of U.S. Supreme Court Cases:
- Steven D. Schwinn, Federal Preemption: Howell v. Howell, 44 ABA Preview of U.S. Sup. Ct. Cases 188 (March 20, 2017)
- Steven D. Schwinn, Civil Rights: County of Los Angeles v. Mendez, 44 ABA Preview of U.S. Sup. Ct. Cases 191 (March 20, 2017)
Professor David Sorkin
- He gave a presentation on mandatory arbitration at the Loyola Consumer Law Review Symposium.
Professor Debra Pogrund Stark
- She spoke about domestic violence at the Chicago Bar Association’s YLS Women in the Law Seminar.
Professor Mark Wojcik
- He was re-appointed as the 2017-2018 Liaison for three sections of the American Bar Association’s Section of International Law.
- He published the column “Iowa State goes one toke over the line in stubbing out trademark use” in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.