The John Marshall Law School Board of Trustees has selected five individuals to receive the 2015 Spirit Award on June 5, 2015, in recognition of their outstanding efforts to benefit John Marshall students.
The Spirit Award is among the highest honors the school bestows upon loyal, respected members of its community.
In 2008, the Board of Trustees developed the Spirit Award to honor individuals who best exemplify qualities essential to being ambassadors of John Marshall’s rich tradition of diversity, innovation and opportunity.
“This year’s honorees join an impressive list of men and women who have shaped the law school we know today,” said Leonard Amari, president of the John Marshall Board of Trustees and Managing Partner at Amari & Locallo. “They are extraordinary ambassadors for John Marshall and are selfless in their dedication, leadership and commitment to our law school. This institution changes lives and makes the impossible possible for so many. Today, we thank some of the people whose work has transformed the lives of so many.”
This year’s Spirit Award recipients are:
- Daniel A. Cotter (’95), President, Chicago Bar Association
- Hon. Timothy C. Evans (’69), Chief Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Ralph Ruebner, John Marshall Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Lt. Gov. Evelyn Sanguinetti (’98), Lieutenant Governor, State of Illinois
- Hon. Regina A. Scannicchio (’88), Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County