- Donuts for Dogs
- Empowering Survivors of Domestic Violence Is Topic for Program
- Faculty Activities
- Celebrating the U.S. Constitution
- The John Marshall Law School Hires New Art, Public Affairs Directors
- Rashbaum Presents on Cyberspace Ethics
- Innovative Veterans Legal Clinic at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago a ‘Model’ Program
- Alumna Awarded $50,000 CBF/Sun-Times Fellowship
- Irish Supreme Court Justice Murray Spends Week as Jurist-in-Residence at The John Marshall Law School
- Students Collaborate on Report to UN Committee Condemning Use of Solitary Confinement
- Three Promoted at John Marshall
The John Marshall Law School proudly announces the promotions of three staff members.
Katherine Veach has been named the new executive director of the Office of Alumni Relations and Development. She will be overseeing all alumni relations activities, as well as managing fundraising for John Marshall. Veach joined John Marshall in March 2012 as senior advancement officer and was promoted in February 2013 to director of development. Veach previously served as the assistant dean of External Relations at the University of the Pacific School of Engineering and Computer Science and as director of Development for the Viterbi School of Engineering at the University of Southern California, where she specialized in international development. Veach is a graduate of the University of California Hastings College of the Law and has litigated with private law firms in California and as in-house counsel for Bank of America.
Within Veach’s department, Lauren Prihoda has been promoted to director of Annual Giving. Prihoda earned her JD from John Marshall in 2010 and became assistant director of Alumni Relations in 2011. She was later named an annual giving officer in the Office of Development. Before joining John Marshall, Prihoda worked as a law clerk at the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office assisting in prosecuting DUI cases. She received a bachelor of arts in political science and psychology from Illinois State University.
Ali Haleem has been named Campus Safety & Security manager. Haleem has held a number of security positions in his career. Before coming to John Marshall in 2012 as a security specialist, Haleem was a state employee working at the DuPage County Homeland Security and Emergency Management Office. Haleem received a bachelor’s degree from Western Illinois University in sociology and law enforcement and justice administration with special emphasis on criminal law, investigations and victimization.