- Alumni Step into Tech World with Online Legal Services Marketplace
- Fair Housing Legal Support Center Professors Applaud New Illinois Supreme Court Rules to Protect Home Buyers, Homeowners
- Judicial Clerkship Program
- The John Marshall Law School Review of Intellectual Property Law Presents “Rights, Ownership, and Identity in Social Media” Symposium
- Faculty Activities and Publications
- Cupcakes and Trivia
Legal specialists from the United States and around the globe will gather for a symposium focusing on social media held at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago on April 5, 2013.
“Rights, Ownership, and Identity in Social Media,” the 4thAnnual John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law Symposium, will be held April 5, 2012, at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago. The program runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is hosted by the Review of Intellectual Property Law.
The keynote address, “Intellectual Property and Social Media in Professional Sports,” will be given by John Corvino, general counsel for the Chicago White Sox, and Antony McShane, partner at Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg.
Presenters are Chief Judge James Holderman of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; Jennifer Gregory of Jenner & Block; Saby Ghoshray, director of WorldCompliance Company and founding president for the Insitute of Interdisciplinary Studies; Professor Lucille M. Ponte, University of Central Florida; Professor Mary Penrose, Texas Wesleyan School of Law; Raizel Liebler, law library at The John Marshall Law School; and Keidra Chaney, digital strategist.
Registration is $50. Register here before March 15. Attorneys can earn approximately 5.25 hours of CLE for this program.